Thread: Literary Guild, no #?

Gillett, otherwise known as "the middle of nowhere" Pennsylvania

Default Literary Guild, no #?

Judging by the amount of complaints at the top of google regarding the literary guild and their lack of customer service #, I figured I'd check here. After trying to track my package with their "tracking number," which is apparently in house and not an actual tracking number, I found out it was accepted by the USPS on the 28th. Since I do not have an actual tracking number, there is no way to verify this and my package is 4 days overdue for shipment.

Does anyone have an actual phone # for this company? The only means of contacting them is via a form on their website, but judging from what I've read, this results in a maddening chain of "communication" that leads nowhere.

If I am unable to find out what happened to my order after they dinged my card, will calling my CC company and reporting fraud be enough to cancel any further payments for books that get shipped into the ether?

Brian

Western Ma*6+yr vet/Mentor*Live Help*Pm me anytime for anything*

I'm not familiar with this offer but you should be able to get a number from your credit card statement where all the transactions are listed. I would also contact the card company and stop any future payments to them.
    Overwhelmed? Still Skeptical?
    Trusted~6+yr.Vet/Mentor
    Free~One-On-One Mentoring
    Your Success is My Mission
    PM me
    here View My Trade Thread Here

Quote Originally Posted by zatopa View Post
    I'm not familiar with this offer but you should be able to get a number from your credit card statement where all the transactions are listed. I would also contact the card company and stop any future payments to them.
    Thanks Zatopa,

I spoke with a customer service manager, after searching though all of the pages of complaints on google, and got the runaround about waiting the full 3 weeks for the package to arrive, even though I am a two day delivery from where it was shipped. I'll give it until tomorrow, then I'll talk to my CC provider.

Western Ma*6+yr vet/Mentor*Live Help*Pm me anytime for anything*

Quote Originally Posted by bhewitt View Post
    Thanks Zatopa,

I spoke with a customer service manager, after searching though all of the pages of complaints on google, and got the runaround about waiting the full 3 weeks for the package to arrive, even though I am a two day delivery from where it was shipped. I'll give it until tomorrow, then I'll talk to my CC provider.
    Good, I hope everything works out ok for you.
    Overwhelmed? Still Skeptical?
    Trusted~6+yr.Vet/Mentor
    Free~One-On-One Mentoring
    Your Success is My Mission
    PM me
    here View My Trade Thread Here

Hi there,

Looks like I'm late with an answer to your question. I'm assuming that you found a phone number for Literary Guild. This is the phone number I have for this offer (717) 918-2665.

Tanya
    CHECK OUT MY "NEWBIE STARTER PLAN"
    Experienced Trader/Mentor 1 on 1 Immediate Help Available
    >>OVER 100 TRADES COMPLETED<<
    GO GREEN WITH ME NOW!!!

AIM-latanyarenee YIM-latanyarenee69

Thanks Tanya,

I called an 800 number that I found. It looks like the problem might be with the good ol postal service, so I'll give it a couple more days in case it's holiday backlog

~TEXAS~ 100% SUPPORT! PM me anytime or CALL 713-931-6681

Thanks Tanya,

I called an 800 number that I found. It looks like the problem might be with the good ol postal service, so I'll give it a couple more days in case it's holiday backlog

Postal service is always SLOW during the holidays. Hopefully you'll get your package this week. My book orders ( not Literary Guild) that were shipped the end of November just arrived today.
    Last edited by nopo; 01-03-2011 at 07:24 PM.

New? Have questions? I can help you get started!
    Send me a MESSAGE HERE anytime.
    Yahoo Messenger: stuffonline77 or CALL 713-931-6681
    - Check out my Trade Thread Here

~Wild WV~ Confused? PM ME NOW!Newbie Friendly! ALL My Freebie Income Goes to My Animal Rescue!!

WOW, I must be truly blessed, ordered books from 3 clubs in the 10 day period prior to Christmas and all arrived within 5 days!

Hope you get this figured out, Literary Guild is one of the few book club offers I've not completed.
    Confused? Need Help? ~~ Click HERE To PM Me
    INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY ~~ PPD MENTOR ~~ Let's Have Some Fun!
    Patient, Friendly and Available Trader ~~ 920+ Trades ~~ HUGE Payouts!
    Click HERE To See My Super Awesome Trade Deals

CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO GET UNLIMITED $15 PAYMENTS TO YOUR ALERTPAY OR SOLIDTRUSTPAY ACCOUNT**SIGN UP TODAY AND GET YOUR FREE $10
    **DAILY PAY**NO REFERRALS NEEDED**ALL COUNTRIES ACCEPTED**
    **I'M MAKING OVER $50 A DAY FROM THIS PROGRAM AND SO CAN YOU**

Parker, CO (SE suburb of Denver) PPD Mentor "My Door is Always Open!" Call anytime! 303-690-5089

Brian, it is so unfortunate that you're having this problem, but I do think some of it may just have to do with the postal service as was mentioned, this time of the year. I hope you get them soon.

And, as I mentioned to you privately, I did this offer, although it was a long while ago, and had no problems whatsoever...

Keep us posted... Terry
    *** Not Sure Where to Start? Confused? Overwhelmed? ***
    My Door is ALWAYS OPEN** One-on-One Mentoring**
    No. 1 Trader/Mentor on Cali
    I love to help others succeed! PM ME ANY TIME

Just wanted to update. Upon arriving home today I found my mailbox slightly askew with a big brown package affixed to the front with heavy duty rubber bands that I judged to be one semester shy of being bungee cords. The mailbox being slightly askew had nothing to do with the weight of the books, mind you, that was just the position it was in when the ground froze this winter

Looks like I jumped to conclusions too quickly on this one...but I have never had a package take this long to travel from Philly area to the other side of the state. Guess our postal service was a bit swamped this year.

Glad you had quick shipping Theresa

Just thought you might like to know that one of the selections I ordered was "Oogy - the dog only a family could love" I thought you may be familiar with this dogs story...bait dog left for dead in Philly at 4 months old, made a miraculous recovery and is living the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by butterboy2524 View Post
    WOW, I must be truly blessed, ordered books from 3 clubs in the 10 day period prior to Christmas and all arrived within 5 days!

Hope you get this figured out, Literary Guild is one of the few book club offers I've not completed.

~Wild WV~ Confused? PM ME NOW!Newbie Friendly! ALL My Freebie Income Goes to My Animal Rescue!!

Glad you had quick shipping Theresa

Just thought you might like to know that one of the selections I ordered was "Oogy - the dog only a family could love" I thought you may be familiar with this dogs story...bait dog left for dead in Philly at 4 months old, made a miraculous recovery and is living the good life.
    OMG, great minds, I got that book from Doubleday as part of the orders I talked about above! Why so many orgs and people deem pit bulls as worthy of only death is beyond me!
    Last edited by butterboy2524; 01-04-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    Confused? Need Help? ~~ Click HERE To PM Me
    INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY ~~ PPD MENTOR ~~ Let's Have Some Fun!
    Patient, Friendly and Available Trader ~~ 920+ Trades ~~ HUGE Payouts!
    Click HERE To See My Super Awesome Trade Deals

CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO GET UNLIMITED $15 PAYMENTS TO YOUR ALERTPAY OR SOLIDTRUSTPAY ACCOUNT**SIGN UP TODAY AND GET YOUR FREE $10
    **DAILY PAY**NO REFERRALS NEEDED**ALL COUNTRIES ACCEPTED**
    **I'M MAKING OVER $50 A DAY FROM THIS PROGRAM AND SO CAN YOU**

Parker, CO (SE suburb of Denver) PPD Mentor "My Door is Always Open!" Call anytime! 303-690-5089

So glad you got your books Brian...Alleluia! And I have to read this book, "Oogy"...but, it sounds like it could be a real tear jerk-er for me...Anything that has to do with an animal suffering, in the least, tends to bring me to tears, even if it's a happy ending...I'm still usually crying my eyes out! If you've not read "Ruffian"...do so--it's a real tear jerk-er with a not so happy ending, but I'm sure you're probably familiar with it--super quick and easy read, but awesome! Speaks to the heart of a winner/survivor!!! Terry
    *** Not Sure Where to Start? Confused? Overwhelmed? ***
    My Door is ALWAYS OPEN** One-on-One Mentoring**
    No. 1 Trader/Mentor on Cali
    I love to help others succeed! PM ME ANY TIME